We are committed to protecting our users' privacy. Keeping the information you share with us on the Site secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use and maintain your information is important to us at CEVO. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your information. We continually assess new technology for protecting information and, when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
Although your privacy is very important to us, in this legal and technical environment, we cannot fully ensure that your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. Please see Disclosure to Third Parties, below, for more information.
This Privacy Statement is intended to explain our privacy practices and inform you as to:
- The kinds of information we collect from users of the Site and how that information is collected
- How we use the information
- The circumstances under which we disclose information to third parties
- How you can access, update or delete any information collected about you by us and the mechanisms we have implemented to protect your personally identifiable information
You can visit the site and learn about our company and its events, as well as certain goods and services available from our advertisers, partners, and sponsors.
Personally Identifiable Information
When we use the term "personally identifiable information" we mean information such as your full name, street address, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, instant-messenger nickname, date of birth, e-mail address and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personally identifiable information also includes information about your transactions or relationship with us, if you have been a customer or you have provided this type of information to any of the CEVO family of companies. For example, if you participate in any of our events, in addition to your name and contact information, we will also collect and maintain your billing address, shipping address, event registration information, your Pay Pal information, your registration number, and information about your computer's internet address and web site which may have referred or directed you to the Site (e.g., the referring URL). We collect this and other information to fill your event registration request, to communicate with you about your Event registration and to send you promotional materials.
Although we may track the numbers of visitors to inform us on how best to update the Site and enhance the experience for all visitors, personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the site, enhance and improve our service, improve the look of the site and display advertising and marketing information.
We collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit the Site and input information, whether you are registering to use the Site, enrolling or signing up for features and functions, participating in Promotions, registering to participate in an Event or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities. We may use the information we obtain from you, including personally identifiable information, to tailor your experience on the Site, to display content we think may be of interest to you, or to let us customize what you see when you visit the Site according to your preferences.
Some features and functions of the Site require you to register or obtain our permission before you can use them - for security, identification and marketing reasons, among others - and as part of that process we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information. In addition, during the registration process we will also ask you to select (or we may provide) a user ID and password (we will allow you to change your password, as well as any personally identifiable information you have given us in order to keep this information current). Among other things, this information helps us securely identify you as a registered or permitted user of those features and functions.
Bear in mind that when you submit information to us, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features or functions of the site.
The personally identifiable information you provide to us, as well as any information, personal or otherwise, that you create and which may be saved on or in association with the Site, is used to provide you with better service. It allows us to save you time and money and better understand your needs. It also helps us help you learn more about your preferences and those goods and services that may be of interest to you. For example, we track your information to assist us in confirming and filling Event registration requests, producing reports, maintaining quality control, administering and managing the Site and our business, and, whenever it may become necessary or appropriate, to contact you concerning your Event registration request, your transactions or any other activities associated with the Site. We may use your personally identifiable information to advise you of goods or services, including Events, which may be available from CEVO, itsadvertisers, partners, and sponsors. If you are a registered user, you also acknowledge, understand and hereby agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Site and its functions and features, in connection with your registration and use of the site.
Third Parties on our Site
Our Site may contain advertisements, references and links to other web sites and organizations. We may also use third parties to display or serve advertising on the Site and our web-based newsletters. Often these third party advertising companies employ cookie and web bug technologies to measure advertising effectiveness. You should be aware that different rules may apply to the collection, use or disclosure of your information by third parties in connection with their advertisements, promotions and other web sites you encounter on the Internet. The use of such technology by these third parties is within their control and not ours, and even if we have a relationship with the third party, we do not control those sites or their policies and practices regarding your information and we encourage you to investigate and ask questions directly of them in this regard.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, CEVO uses good faith efforts not to provide non affiliated third parties with access to your personally identifiable information. We will, however, make your personally identifiable information available to our corporate affiliates:
- When we have your consent (you "opt in") to do so, in which case their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies
- When we have retained companies to work with or on behalf of CEVO to provide Events, goods or services that you have requested
- When you use co-branded services - in which case you are giving us permission to pass any personally identifiable information you provide in the context of our co-branding and marketing relationship, back to our co-branding partner. Their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies
- When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process)
- As and when we, in our sole discretion, believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- In the event of a bankruptcy, or a merger, acquisition, joint venture or other business combination involving us
It is also possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
We do not sell or market your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated organizations.
Some of the aggregate customer data we collect may be shared with advertising companies in order to enhance and improve the operation and relevance of the Site, but we do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Use of their tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
Communications from Us
All Event registered members will receive confirmation emails when:
- Registering an account
- Registering for an Event
- A dispute has been filed
- Team has won/lost/terminated from an Event
- As and when we, at our sole disclosure, feel that communications are necessary
CEVO Match Network (CMN)
BY REGISTERING WITH CEVO, YOU AGREE TO RUN THE CEVO Match Network (CMN) AND ALLOW IT TO SCAN YOUR COMPUTER'S GAMING ENVIRONMENT FOR 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS AND FILES. YOU ALSO AGREE TO ALLOW ALL THE DATA THAT THE CMN CAPTURES TO BE SENT TO OUR CONTENT SERVERS. AT NO TIME WILL ANY OF THE DATA CAPTURED BE SHARED WITH THE PUBLIC, AFFILIATES, SPONSORS, OR 3RD PARTIES. THE CMN DOES NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL SPYWARE TO YOUR COMPUTER AND WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH YOUR HARDDRIVE OR ANY FILES CONTAINED ON YOUR COMPUTER.
All information collected from the CEVO Web site, including the summary server log information, e-mails sent to the web site, and information collected from Web-based forms, may be subject to the Maryland Public Information Act.
Maryland Public Information Act
The Maryland Public Information Act, with a few exceptions, gives you the right to be informed about the information that CEVO collects about you. It also gives you the right to request a copy of that information, and to have CEVO correct any of that information that is wrong. You may request to receive and review any of that information, or request corrections to it, by contacting:
Our privacy guidelines are designed to ensure that we:
- Collect and use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to deliver high quality service, to administer our business and to let you know of goods and services that are available from our family of companies
- Protect the personally identifiable information the Site's users share with us, maintaining strict standards of security and confidentiality. In this regard we even limit access by our own employees to those individuals who are trained and advised in the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes
- Not disclose your personally identifiable information to any external organization, except as we have described in this Privacy Statement or unless we have previously obtained your consent ("opt in")
- Require any other organization that we retain or engage to provide services for us, to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance
- Exchange information about you and carry out Pay Pal transactions necessary for your Event registration fees, to prevent fraud and any other activities we may be required to monitor and report under applicable laws and regulations; and make every effort to keep your personally identifiable information complete, up to date, and accurate based on the information you provide us
Our Site provides a convenient and easy to use mechanism to allow you to access and update the personally identifiable information you give us. From our homepage click "LOGIN". Sign in to your cevolved.com account with your member name and password. Then, click on "YOUR ACCOUNT INFO" to edit your personally identifiable information.
If you have questions about our Privacy Statement, you can go directly to our Frequently Asked Questions section, which we hope will be helpful and is designed to answer many of your questions. If you still cannot find the answer to a question related to our Privacy Statement or if you do not understand any of our information about how we collect, maintain, use or share your personally identifiable information, you may contact us directly at: .